Monday, October 23, 2006

Slow Coach Grounded

Yesterday Slow Coach and Charlie were left home alone for almost the whole day. It is a long weekend with the Hindu’s Deepavali festival and Muslim’s new year on Saturday and next Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Everyone in the family is busy attending open house of their friends celebrating these festivals during these few days.

I had left both Slow Coach and Charlie in their tubs after their breakfast of tortoise pellets. Slow Coach usually poos in her tub before climbing out for her daily exploration while Charlie prefers to sleep in. Yesterday was no exception. I made sure she had poo-ed before she left her tub.

When I came home yesterday night, Slow Coach was walking around in the kitchen. Mum was home early and she reported to me that she saw Slow Coach emerging from under the coffee table as soon as she saw my mum. Mum added that Slow Coach has not left the kitchen the whole night.

I sensed mischief from Slow Coach. You see, Slow Coach has a habit of running away from the havoc she has caused. I quickly checked under the coffee table and true to Slow Coach’s spirit. She had left her mischief tell-tale sign in the form of 3 patches of dried pan cake like poos sticking to the floor….again!

One of her favourite mischief is playing with her poo. She poos, then sits on it thereby quashing the poo flat before flapping her legs making a poo angel. Then, she would make a run from it before any family members find out and report her mischief to me.

Fortunately, because she was on dry food (tortoise pellets), the smell from her er…. poo was rather kind to my sense of smell this time around. However, it still took me 20 excruciating minutes to scrub the dried poos off the floor.

Slow Coach was grounded for the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, at least she doesnt do that all the time. you would have to do a lot of cleaning if she poos that often.

Unknown said...

I'm hoping some one would invent tortoise disposable diapers. Otherwise, I'll have to try using a small piece from the panty liner on her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.