Monday, November 06, 2006

Hainanese Chicken Rice


Today I had Hainanese chicken rice for lunch. What has chicken rice got to do with my tortoises? A lot.

Last count on their food inventory - this morning:

Tortoise pellets: 1 tablespoon full (that’s enough to feed Charlie only)

Crabsticks: Nil

Now, before you get any wrong ideas, I had replenished their food supply the Sunday before last week. I had actually bought a large pack of crabsticks for them from the market at Mil’s (mum in-law) place. It’s just that yours truly here have been quite absent minded lately. I kind of forgotten to take the crabsticks home with me after dinner 2 Sundays in a row! *shaking head at myself*

Had I not eaten chicken rice today, I think I will have to ransack mum’s freezer for her smoke sausages which she has reserved to make fried rice this coming weekend. However, those buggers in the green shells prefer chicken meat floss over sausages. I guess, it must have something to do with the meat textures because Charlie especially tends to bite a little too hard into the cut sausages, often resulting in the sausage meat being stuck in his beak.

~ Menu for tonight: 1/3 portion skinless chicken breast meat floss (Hainanese style) ~

Ps: I finished the rice and 2/3 of the chicken. What to do… All in the name of L-O-V-E!

No comments: